Many famous women have made a name for themselves appearing on the pages of glossy mens magazine. The most famous of these being the cover of Sports Illustrated including Tyra Banks, Elle MacPherson and Petra Nemcova.
In recent times men's magazine favorites, such as Joanna Krupa & Emily Scott, have become household names as a result of this new type of media exposure.
Becoming a swimsuit model isn't quite the same as becoming a high fashion model you see on the catwalks of Milan or the pages of Vogue. Fashion models are required to be between 5'9 and 6' and typically have bust-waist-hip measurements close to 34-24-34. Whereas there appears to be a little more leniency in the realm of swimsuit modeling.
Of course, beauty is still a prerequisite, as is a slim physique. In general a generous bust size (C cup plus) is an advantage as is the hard to measure "sex appeal" of a model. While many top models have a quirky look that sets them apart from the crowd, bikini models typically have a girl next door quality that is easily relateable.
Following are 7 steps you can take to conquer the world of swimsuit modeling:
- Enter Competitions - Many magazine hold swimsuit competitions through various nightclub & bar venues - this is a great way to get yourself noticed.
- Approach Photographers - Reputable photographers only, preferably photographers who have previously been published in the magazine you would like to appear in.
- Develop a hook - Are you a female mechanic? What about a mad football fan? These themes could look great in a photo shoot and magazines LOVE hooks.
- Network - Use social networking sites such a Myspace and Facebook to find out everything you can about what is going on in the industry locally.
- Approach Swimwear Companies - And other swimsuit related products. Maybe your friends uncle owns a surfboard company or a car company that uses bikini girls in their advertising, once you have some photos to add to your portfolio it makes everything easier.
- Workout - Your body is going to have to be in top shape to even have a chance in this market.
- Get Practise - Once again reputable photographer only! To do TFP work (time for prints). This will allow you to discover your best angles and put you in good stead when you start getting paid work and are expected to perform.
For more information on swimsuit modelling and hot bikini's check out: http://hotbikini-sakee.blogspot.com